Royal Switchgear's History

The Royal Switchgear product line was established as part of the Royal Electric Manufacturing Company in Chicago, Illinois in 1914. The company was a privately held corporation (through various owners) until purchased by Anixter Brothers in 1968. ITT Blackburn bought the company from Anixter in 1983 and moved it to St. Louis, Missouri. The business was acquired in 1987 by its present owners, incorporated as Royal Switchgear Manufacturing Company, and moved to Trenton Avenue in St. Louis. In 1989 the Powerdyne "V" switch line was purchased from Kearney National and moved to the St. Louis location. The company moved to Bessemer, Alabama in 1994.
Image